Department: Managed Services
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Data Center Tech, a short cover letter with what interested you about the position, and your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Mirapath, Inc. is a data center, lab, and IT supporting infrastructure solutions provider. Data center is one of the highest growth areas in the high-tech space. We provide datacenter management solutions to a wide variety of customers including Fortune 500, government agencies, universities, and start-ups.
The Data Center Technician will work in the field with experienced technicians on projects with a wide scope of work. The focus will be meeting customer needs regarding their data centers.
- Resolve service requests and incidents assigned to the infrastructure support queue
- Provide vendor escort and support for hardware or other maintenance issues
- Installations and decommissions (rack and stack, cable management etc.)
- Rack and stack rack-mounted servers and network hardware
- Cable management (not including cabling that requires an electrician or drilling through walls, installing conduit etc.)
- Fiber and copper cable patching
- Equipment staging
- Power management – configure and maintain PDU, complete necessary documentation, and adjust rack power distribution as needed (not including work typically performed by an electrician, including high voltage wiring)
- Maintain cleanliness, organization, and physical appearance including cable management of data centers and IDC / ICF rooms
- Perform regular network room audits and record data in client systems
- Provide Layer 1 troubleshooting as needed
- RMA / Warranty processing and management, including the gathering and shipping/receiving of parts
- Receiving and documenting new equipment
- Inventory and supplies management
- Create a positive experience and relationship with all customers through strong communication and outstanding customer service
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements
- Drive for company business as needed
- 1-2 years of experience in related field or completed/enrolled in certificate or degree programs such as Industrial Technology, Computer Electronics, Networking Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology
- Computer hardware troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience with data center equipment including console, KVM, and power control is preferred
- Previous experience installing, cabling or racking is preferred
- Ability to read engineering drawings is a plus
- Cat 5, Cat 6, fiber knowledge
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong work ethic
- Punctuality and attendance
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of drug and background screening tests
We offer training, comprehensive benefits, and career advancements. We believe in investing in our employees. Be part of a fun and exciting company that is constantly growing and changing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to apply: Email your resume, short cover letter with what interested you about the position, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please download the application form here and attach this form along with your resume and include “Data Center Tech” in the subject line of your email.