Location: Cupertino, CA
Supervisor: VP of Services
Email your resume with Subject: Project Manager, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-paced, dynamic organization. The Project Manager is responsible for supervising all actions within our Professional and Managed Services divisions. This position will serve as the frontline manager on projects, and he/she must be able to discuss technical and non-technical aspects of projects with managers, technicians, customers, external constituents, and others. Position will have overall responsibility for management, implementation and tracking of short and long term service projects. This is a critical point position – acts as liaison to all departments, quick to anticipate issues, solve problems and sets the pace, quality and success of the project.
Working Conditions – Typically works in office environment but will occasionally be on construction job sites with exposure to weather, dirt/dust, high- and low-voltage electrical lines, hazardous construction equipment and materials, and loud noise.
The ideal candidate for this role will be capable of full-cycle project management, behave ethically, communicate effectively, create/innovate, foster teamwork, make decisions, organize, plan and solve problems.
For the last 13 years, Mirapath has been the trusted advisor for companies with data center and engineering lab infrastructure projects. We provide infrastructure solutions (power, cooling, racks, connectivity) coupled with professional services to deliver turnkey solutions to our customers. Our customers include Juniper Networks, Cisco, Stanford University, Arista, Twitter, Pandora, Netflix, among others.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager (SPM) and VP to manage project execution across departments for all phases: project kick-off, scope and requirements gathering, cost, scheduling (labor and timelines), materials coordination and project risks.
- Manage and supervise team of technicians to ensure efficiency and completion of projects; track progress and quality of work being performed.
- Accomplishes technician human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Develop strong relationships with customers; effectively communicate relevant project information and timely updates to customers, and serving as an intermediary between the company’s sales and technical teams.
- Keep the VP and SPM and others informed about project status and issues that may impact project status and client relations.
- Works closely with the research and development team of the Company, responsible for ensuring projects are delivered in a timely fashion in accordance with project requirements.
- Escalate issues to VP, when necessary.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Forecast and prepare reports on financial aspects of current and future projects.
- Decision making as it relates to the overall quality and execution of the project.
- Special related projects and tasks, as needed.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- College degree in a related field (Business, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering)
- Business, IT knowledge and experience working in professional services, technology, engineering and/or construction industry a plus.
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional and proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task while paying attention to details.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Work style thrives in a fast moving, high energy and evolving environment.
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure (handle stress) and under time constraints.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations.
- Ability to handle multiple, (sometimes conflicting) priorities and still meet deadlines.
- High customer service focus.
- Must be in good physical condition, be able to lift at least 50 lbs.; and be able to hear, speak and see within normal ranges (use of corrective devices is allowed).
- Must be able to drive and travel away from home, and possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.