The client, a multinational technology conglomerate, with US offices in San Mateo and Sunnyvale, had lab devices split between multiple colocations. Their objective was to relocate and refresh their lab devices from the colocations into a single location. Thus, we needed to recondition part of their Sunnyvale location into an engineering lab. Having had a smooth and efficient work experience with Mirapath on previous projects, they entrusted us to help them with their lab refresh.
Scope of Work:
With only three weeks to complete the project, our team specced, procured, installed, and configured the products based on the client’s requirements.
- Install 52 new L6-30 receptacles.
- Collaborate with electrical partners to install and reroute power from the building’s electrical room to the receptacles.
- Utilize 26 existing, previously installed cabinets.
- Procure, install, and configure UPS units for existing cabinets.
- Install a ladder rack extension.
- Refresh the PDUs at the new site with 52 power strips transported from the client’s old data center.
- Complete a site survey with the electrician.
- Remove and recycle all old wires.
- Run and patch 750 copper cables for horizontal cable management.
- Install blanking panels and pre-terminated, properly sized, copper cables.
- Label and number each side for tracing.
- Design custom mounting system and brackets to replace existing racks that lacked pre-existing mounting locations.
Our client was extremely satisfied with the final outcome. Mirapath was able to complete the project within the three weeks timeline and relocate all their lab equipment into a single location. Work was completed on time and the client was up and running in a refreshed, functional, and consolidated engineering lab.
Read How to Design and Install Infrastructure Under a Tight Deadline or check out our Professional Services for more migration projects. Connect with us at (877) 647-2728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.