Department: Finance Department
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Accounting Manager, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Accounting Manager will support the VP of Finance & Operations in managing the accounting, financial planning, payroll, and financial analysis functions within the organization. The successful candidate will possess excellent attention to detail as well as exceptional communication and analytical skills. This individual should be comfortable in a “hands on” environment, but possess the skills necessary to grow with the Company.
Position Responsibilities to include:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting department.
- Insure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Coordinate cross-functional activities in support of close requirements.
- Produce financial statements and analyses in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and maintain fixed asset sub-ledger.
- Coordinate purchasing cycle in accordance with Company policies.
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Payroll functions.
- Work with the external CPA firm to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Hire and supervise additional staff as required to meet growth of the organization.
- Assist in developing policies and internal control improvements. Recommend workflow enhancements as required.
- Manages journal entries and conducts account reconciliations and analysis.
- Understands and follows payroll regulations and labor laws that impact payroll processing, ensures payroll is processed accurately and timely, and collects all necessary supporting documentation and approvals needed.
- Process payroll tax filing
- Reviews, analyzes, and presents financial data in response to ad hoc queries from management or regulatory bodies.
- Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the accounting/financial reporting areas. Experience in a growing start-up environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant work experience
- Must be PC proficient and have extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Word. NetSuite accounting systems and payroll systems experience a plus.
- Must have experience with cost accounting and possess thorough knowledge of job costing concepts and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a growth oriented work environment.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting required; CPA preferred.