Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Finance Department, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This position will be responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable and processing bi-weekly payroll for the company. The AP/Payroll Specialist will also assist in other accounting functions, to include Accounts Receivable, General Ledger accounting, and Federal and State tax filings. This position collaborates and supports the Associate Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Processes Accounts Payable: full cycle of accounts transactions
- Books entries to correct accounts in the ERP system (NetSuite) and ensures the accounting record accurately reflects company’s financial position and financial results in the period
- Assists with company tax matters, including preparation, filing, and payment of periodic sales tax filings, maintaining tax exempt certificates, and preparing schedules to support
- Expense reporting and processing.
- Maintains and analyzes monthly general ledgers in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as answering general accounting inquiries from other departments.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for company using ADP. Coordinates with HR to ensure accurate and timely payroll process.
- Manages the time card submission and approval process and follows up with managers on any time card questions or issues.
- Ensures timely and accurate data integrations between ADP and other systems including 401K, FSA, and general ledger
- Coordinates and conducts ADP payroll and timesheet configuration changes with service provider as needed, including identification and problem solving of issues, test plan design, and recommendations for change.
- Performs cross-functional analysis of organizational operations and recommendations for improving accounting procedures.
- Supports daily bookkeeping activities and period close activities.
- Verifies transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger.
- Records monthly accrual journal entries.
- Tracks asset/depreciation schedule.
- Other accounting projects and tasks, as assigned.
- 2-3 years of Accounts Payable experience, with at least 1 year of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with emphasis in Accounting.
- Comprehensive computer skills, especially in ERP system (NetSuite preferred), Quickbooks, and MS Office with strong Excel skills. Experience processing payroll using ADP preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and focus on quality and accuracy.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and maintain effective working relationships
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment.