Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Finance Department, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable and processing bi-weekly payroll for the company. The AP/Payroll Specialist will also assist in other accounting functions, to include Accounts Receivable, General Ledger accounting, and Federal and State tax filings. This position collaborates and supports the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Manages Accounts Payable: full cycle of accounts transactions
- Books entries to correct accounts in the ERP system (NetSuite) and ensures the accounting record accurately reflects company’s financial position and financial results in the period
- Assists with company tax matters, including preparation, filing, and payment of periodic sales tax filings, maintaining tax exempt certificates, and preparing schedules to support
- Expense reporting and processing.
- Maintains and analyzes monthly general ledgers in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as answering general accounting inquiries from other departments.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for company using ADP. Coordinates with HR to ensure accurate and timely payroll process.
- Manages the time card submission and approval process and follows up with managers on any time card questions or issues.
- Ensures timely and accurate data integrations between ADP and other systems including 401K, FSA, and general ledger
- Coordinates and conducts ADP payroll and timesheet configuration changes with service provider as needed, including identification and problem solving of issues, test plan design, and recommendations for change.
- Performs cross-functional analysis of organizational operations and recommendations for improving accounting procedures.
- Supports daily bookkeeping activities and period close activities.
- Verifies transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger.
- Record monthly accrual journal entries.
- Track asset/depreciation schedule.
- Processes property and business tax filings, including preparing ad-hoc assessments and deliverables as necessary.
- Other accounting projects and tasks, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with emphasis in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of Accounts Payable experience, with at least 1 year of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Comprehensive computer skills, especially in ERP system (NetSuite preferred), Quickbooks, and MS Office with strong Excel skills. Experience processing payroll using ADP preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and focus on quality and accuracy.
- Must be detailed oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and maintain effective working relationships
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment. Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Pass background check.