Department: Services Department
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Associate Project Manager, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
We are seeking an entry-level Associate Project Manager to join our fast-paced, dynamic organization. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing projects within our Professional and Managed Services divisions. This position will serve as the frontline manager on projects, and he/she must be able to discuss technical and non-technical aspects of projects with managers, technicians, customers, external constituents, and others. Position will have overall responsibility for management, implementation and tracking of short- and long-term service projects. This is a critical point position – acts as liaison to all departments, quick to anticipate issues, solve problems and sets the pace, quality and success of the project.
Working Conditions – Typically works in office environment but will occasionally be on construction job sites with exposure to weather, dirt/dust, high- and low-voltage electrical lines, hazardous construction equipment and materials, and loud noise.
The ideal candidate for this role will be capable of full-cycle project management, behave ethically, communicate effectively, create/innovate, foster teamwork, make decisions, organize, plan and solve problems.
- Work closely with (Assist?) the Project Manager to manage project execution across departments for all phases: project kick-off, scope and requirements gathering, cost, scheduling (labor and timelines), materials coordination and project risks.
- Respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP together with the Account Managers and Strategic Account Executives
- Participate in conferences, shows, exhibitions when appropriate and requested.
- Proactively scope the services required to address customer requirements, assess customer met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions, ensuring appropriate support for the proposed service.
- Complete customer sight walks and prepare comprehensive estimates for Services engagements.
- Partner with the Project Coordinator to ensure scheduling, procurement of materials, and any other resources needed for successful implementation are completed and available.
- Coordinate team of Technicians to ensure efficiency and completion of projects; track progress and quality of work being performed.
- Develop strong relationships with customers; effectively communicate relevant project information and timely updates to customers and serving as an intermediary between the company’s sales and technical teams.
- Keep internal team informed about project status and issues that may impact project status and client relations.
- Proactively and steadily address any challenges with aspects such as scheduling, material availability, special resources required, changes in scope, etc.
- Escalate issues to Program Manager, when necessary.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Forecast and prepare reports on financial aspects of current projects.
- Decision making as it relates to the overall quality and execution of the project.
- Special related projects and tasks, as needed.
- 1-2 years of Project Management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering)
- Business, IT knowledge and experience working in the construction and data center environment a plus.
- Experience working with low voltage cabling preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional and proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task while paying attention to details.
- Work style thrives in a fast moving, high energy and evolving environment.
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience using NetSuite, or another ERP, is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints (handle stress).
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations.
- Ability to handle multiple, (sometimes conflicting) priorities and still meet deadlines.
- High customer service focus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability for up to 20% travel.
For the last 13 years, Mirapath has been the trusted advisor for companies with data center and engineering lab infrastructure projects. We provide infrastructure solutions (power, cooling, racks, connectivity) coupled with professional services to deliver turnkey solutions to our customers. Our customers include Juniper Networks, Cisco, Stanford University, Arista, Twitter, Pandora, Netflix, among others. For more information, visit www.mirapath.com.
Email your resume with Subject: Associate Project Manager, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.