Department: Managed Services
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Data Center Operations II, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Data Center Technician Level 2 will work in the field with experienced technicians on projects with wide scope of work. The focus will be meeting customer needs regarding their data centers.
- Resolve service requests and incidents assigned to the infrastructure support queue
- Power management – configure and maintain PDU, complete necessary documentation, and adjust rack power distribution as needed
- Perform firmware upgrades on PDU and Secure Console Servers
- Asset Management- track all physical references and update asset databases.
- Data Entry – Input data into asset management tool and ticketing systems, and processes
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and physical appearance, including cable management, of datacenters and IDC / ICF rooms
- Perform regular network room audits and record data in client systems
- Provide Layer 1 troubleshooting as needed
- Assist in managing/enhancing the product lifecycle process
- RMA / Warranty processing and management, including the gathering and shipping / receiving of parts
- Installations and decommissions (rack and stack, cable management etc.)
- Ability to read Rack Elevation, Rack and stack servers, network hardware
- Fiber and copper cable patching
- Cable management (not including cabling that requires an electrician or drilling through walls, installing conduit etc.)
- Fiber and copper cable patching
- Provide vendor escort and support for hardware or other maintenance issues
- Receiving and documenting new equipment
- Inventory and supplies management
- Procurement assistance; provide scope of work to determine materials needed for job.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with all customers through strong communication and outstanding customer service
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements
- Perform all work in an organized, neat and quality manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Drive for company business as needed
- 2-3 years experience in related field or completed/enrolled in certificate or degree programs such as Industrial Technology, Computer Electronics and Networking Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology
- Understanding Network Fundamentals
- Computer hardware troubleshooting skills
- Network troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience with datacenter equipment including console, KVM, and power control is preferred
- DCIM software – DSVIEW, DCP, and Trellis is a plus
- Ability to read engineering drawings is a plus
- Cat 5, Cat 6, fiber knowledge
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong work ethic
- Punctuality and attendance
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of drug and background screening tests
- Possesses work authorization to work in the U.S.
How to apply: Email your resume, short cover letter with what interested you about the position, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please download the application form here and attach this form along with your resume and include “Data Center Technician Level 2” in the subject line of your email.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Mirapath, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, sex, national origin, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.