Department: HR Department
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Human Resources Generalist , a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Generalist manages the day to day operations of the Human Resources department. This position performs HR-related duties and works closely with the HR Director and Management in supporting the Company’s human capital. This role carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), benefits administration, recruitment/employment, on-boarding, policy implementation, and employee recognition. In addition, this position is vital in creating an engaged and high performance culture by planning fun, company events and activities to build team morale. This role contributes to quality employee experience and helps support the success of our company.
- First point of contact for employees for all HR related questions, including benefits, policy and procedures, recruiting, and refers to HR Director as needed.
- Process all personnel transactions and ensure data is entered in HRIS and any necessary forms and documents are provided to payroll.
- Manages HRIS data entry and runs HR and management reports as needed.
- Discreetly handles confidential information.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assists employees with any plan enrollment, changes, questions or claim issues.
- Assists with developing, promoting and maintaining health and wellness programs.
- Assists with 401(k) administration and compliance reporting.
- Coordinates insurance requests such as obtaining certificates of insurance (COIs), adding employees to commercial auto policy and annual DMV check.
- Processes unemployment, disability, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Performs full-cycle recruitment efforts, including creating job descriptions, posting open position, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, providing input to Hiring Managers, and conducting reference checks.
- Submits and monitors background check and drug screening requests for onboarding as needed.
- Coordinates new hire on-boarding process and collects and processes all new hire paperwork.
- Assists with establishing and distributing employee policies and procedures.
- Coordinate employee recognition programs, including Kick Ass, On-the-Spot, and Service Awards.
- Lead committee to coordinate company events, including quarterly celebrations, summer BBQ, Halloween party, Holiday party and community volunteering events.
- Create and maintain reports/metrics to track budget for HR spending.
- Keeps up-to-date of the latest federal and state workplace and HR compliance. Ensures required workplace notifications and postings.
- Ensures all documentation is compliant, maintained in an appropriate confidential manner and are meeting HR best practices.
- Performs HR research and analysis of information.
- Work closely with HR Director and employees to build morale and facilitate effective work relationships, productivity and retention.
- Maintains bulletin board with current information on holidays, benefits, events, and recognition.
- Administers door access cards.
- Assumes responsibility for related additional tasks as required or assigned to fulfill the needs of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent. Masters degree a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of Human Resources experience. Experience in the areas of recruiting, benefits administration and HRIS is required.
- General knowledge of employment laws and compliance.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping. Proficiency using HRIS (ADP preferred).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, capable of working well with different personalities.
- Highly personable with sense of humor.
- Proactive, detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.