Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Operations Department, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Position Overview: This is a great entry level opportunity for someone interested in the IT industry who would like to gain an understanding of IT infrastructure services and order fulfillment. The Jr. Materials Handler will be primarily responsible for shipping, receiving, stocking, and ensuring the accurate and timely fill of customer orders, as well as assist with Service projects, such as installation of cabling, containment, and cable replenishment.
- Execute all company shipment expectations in a timely manner
- Read shipping orders to determine items to be gathered, label materials as needed, and package items quickly and efficiently
- Open boxes, crates and other containers without damage, and accurately verify items and quantities against packing slips and our records
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or bin according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Record, document and maintain daily reporting process via appropriate computer system
- Perform Installation and maintenance of low voltage cable systems
- Complete cabling rough-in and termination, testing and documentation
- Work with Electrical, CAT 5e & 6 twisted pair, optical fiber, coax, etc.
- Perform basic pipe bending and fitting of conduit
- Perform all work in an organized, neat and quality manner and adhere to safety guidelines and requirements
- Create a positive experience and relationship with all customers through strong communication and outstanding customer service
- Ensure all equipment and information are on site to meet schedules and deadlines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 0-1 years’ experience in customer-facing role
- High school diploma
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs multiple times a day and stand for at least 4 hours straight
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach overhead, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting
- Basic computer and math skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly, self-starter and resourceful.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of drug and background screening
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability for up to 20% travel.