Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Operations Department, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Junior Buyer is responsible for the timely procurement of materials and services from suppliers while adhering to the negotiated price, quality, inventory levels and delivery to meet the Company’s overall needs, aligned with Company’s sourcing strategies, policies and procedures.
• Review customer sales orders, Bill of Materials (BOM) on Services project, and item lists in order to compile list of materials to be procured.
• Place orders for hardware, tooling, raw materials and sub-contract services, using only approved vendors where applicable.
• Accurately raise purchase orders using ERP system
• Optimize purchase materials and services, including cost comparisons.
• Keep track of all incoming materials and parts, and make sure materials arrive on time
• Update purchase order ETA daily as purchase orders are released and materials received
• Update and maintain records of vendor pricings and part numbers in ERP system
• Assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with customer requirements
• Manage vendors and maintain good working relationships
• Regularly communicate with Managers to provide updates on any delivery dates changes
• Scan, save and collate all support documents in ERP system
• Work with Sales Engineers to identify new suppliers and obtain samples
• Develop new and existing vendors to rationalize the supply base that have technical capabilities that align with our strategic initiatives and company budget
• Negotiate with vendors to obtain the maximum value in terms of price, payment terms, quality and service
• Drive improvement for On Time Performance from internal and external vendors. Manage and support supplier performance improvement objectives primarily around delivery or quality expectation
• Actively support timely disposition of deviated materials and vendor RMAs
• Assist in managing, maintaining and analyzing inventory levels to meet inventory strategy and objectives
• Manage all issues with supplier invoicing to insure timely payment to suppliers
• Identify areas for improvement and recommend options for increasing efficiencies.
• Provide a high level of services to all internal and external customers. Contribute to a positive team environment.
• Develop, document and manage vendor reward programs to ensure timely submission
• 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing, vendor negotiations, and order fulfillment
• Bachelor’s degree (in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Manufacturing, Management, or similar program) or equivalent
• Strong computer skills; at least intermediate level of Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Word; proficient with Google suite
• Proficient with ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
• Excellent customer service skills with experience in building and maintaining strong customer relationships
• Understanding of product sales cycles
• Proven ability to research and apply critical information to evaluate product and conduct cost analysis for competitive pricing and positioning
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills. Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner.
• Strong negotiation skills with knowledge of standard procurement practices and contracts
• Ability to gather and analyze data, strong attention to detail, solid judgement, and excellent problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with strong ability to plan, organize, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous interruptions.