Department: Managed Services
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Lead Data Center Technician, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lead Data Center Technician will work in the field and lead of team of technicians to complete projects with wide scope of work. The focus will be meeting customer needs regarding their data centers.
- Mentor team members such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision.
- Develop both the technical capabilities and leadership qualities of individual contributors.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and efficient processes.
- Exhibit leadership characteristics including strong communication skills, full understanding of internal policies, time management, dependability and client focus
- Attend meetings for effective execution of projects, customer satisfaction
- Establish working relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- Organize and drive different teams to complete tasks within project timelines
- Coordinate low-voltage cable installation according to client specifics including all patching and cross-connects for both voice and data
- Implement/manage data center infrastructure upgrade and remediation projects that align with our technical roadmap.
- Track issues, develop, manage, and report on key metrics.
- Resolve service requests and incidents assigned to the infrastructure support queue
- Provide vendor escort and support for hardware or other maintenance issues
- Power management – configure and maintain PDU, complete necessary documentation, and adjust rack power distribution as needed (not including work typically performed by an electrician, including high voltage wiring)
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and physical appearance, including cable management, of datacenters and IDC / ICF rooms
- Provide Layer 1 troubleshooting as needed
- Assist in managing/enhancing the product lifecycle process
- Procurement assistance; provide scope of work to determine materials needed for job.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with all customers through strong communication and outstanding customer service
- Drive for company business as needed
- At least 5 years of data center specific or similar experience working in critical facilities, performing hands-on buildout or day-to-day IMAC (rack and stack) work
- Knowledge of low-voltage cabling infrastructure standards including Category 6 cabling, Category 6A cabling, OM3 fiber, OM4 fiber and single-mode fiber
- Experienced in personnel management, staffing, and scheduling for a 24/7 on call environment.
- Some prior team leadership, supervisory or data center quality assurance experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), organizational, presentation and collaboration skills are essential
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple customer escalations at once.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction.
- Hands on experience deploying and configuring compute, storage and network solutions, including virtualized and bare metal environments.
- Understanding of network and cabling infrastructure.
- Experienced in project management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Some travel required.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of drug and background screening tests
How to apply: Email your resume, short cover letter with what interested you about the position, and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please download the application form here and attach this form along with your resume and include “Lead Data Center Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Mirapath, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, sex, national origin, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.