Department: Professional Services
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Lead Technician – Low Voltage Structured Cabling, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lead Technician is responsible for leading a team of Technicians in performing assigned tasks to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Perform installation of low and high voltage cabling projects
- Cabling rough-in and termination (all media types)
- Cabling testing and documentation (all media types)
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of low voltage cable systems
- Work with Electrical, CAT 5e & 6 twisted pair, optical fiber, coax, etc.
- Perform all cable pulling, suspension, fireproofing, terminating, and testing in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other local regulations
- Basic pipe bending and fitting of conduit
- De-installation, unracking, re-installation of servers, switches, routers, including cabling and other equipment
- Integrate various equipment per build and or configuration instructions
- Confirm hardware is functional and troubleshoot errors
- Execute deliverables to customer-defined requirements
- Lead and train technicians
- Create a positive experience and relationship with all customers through strong communication and outstanding customer service
- Ensure all equipment and information are on site to meet schedules and deadlines
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements
- Perform all work in an organized, neat and quality manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- At least 5+ years experience in low voltage and structured cabling
- Ability to perform all tasks required for installation of a complete structured cabling system in a new or existing construction environment. A complete structured cabling system includes Category 5e/6/6A horizontal cabling, copper/fiber optic distribution backbone
- Ability to interact with clients and relay important information to the project manager
- Understand all construction low voltage system blue prints and symbols
- Understand and install cable pathway per current standards
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lift/carry/setup a 75 lb. ladder
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Basic computer skills
- Strong work ethic; punctuality and attendance
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of drug and background screening tests required
How to apply: Email your resume, short cover letter with what interested you about the position, and your salary expectations to jobsmirapath.com. Please download the application form here and attach this form along with your resume and include “Lead Data Center Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Mirapath, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, sex, national origin, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.