Department: Technology Department
Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Product Marketing & Sales Engineering Manager, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
This individual is responsible for managing all technical aspects of the company’s relationships with its customers and key suppliers and driving new product introduction and innovation. The Product Marketing & Sales Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate deliverables by the sales engineering team to meet customer expectations, translating complex technical capabilities into business benefits, and clearly articulating the value proposition to a variety of stakeholders.
- Be a subject matter expert on all six core product lines and the services offered by Mirapath.
- Introduce new products and technologies that are relevant to Mirapath’s customers and aligned with Mirapath’s strategy.
- Develop customer-facing content on product and solution offerings, feature and benefit positioning, market trends, and competitive differentiation
- Responsible for product positioning and messaging, customer and competitive intelligence, and sales enablement
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and current customers and assist sales engineering team and sales team in identifying requirements.
- Manage the content creation process from concept to completion, including gathering feedback and approval from internal and external teams, for website, social media, white papers, e-books, webinars, case studies, comparison charts, and checklists
- Actively assist sales team in closing sales opportunities by providing superior technical solutions to our customers
- Develop sales enablement materials to support the selling process including product sheets, email templates, sales scripts, testimonials, and presentations
- Provide technical and engineering information and address requests from customers and internal teams
- Oversee recommendations by sales engineering team and ensure consistency in recommendations.
- Prepare professional-looking technical template proposals and product comparisons and present to customers
- Ensure all customer-related activities are entered in Salesforce and complete weekly and monthly reports as requested
- Provide post-sale technical support for solutions designed and sold by Mirapath in alignment with Mirapath’s core values
- Participate in Services “walks”, creating the appropriate checklists and forms and assisting Sales in developing Services proposals
- Work with Mirapath subcontractors and Sales Engineers to obtain design and quotes for projects requiring outside contractors and ensure accuracy and ability to meet customer expectations and safety regulations.
- Develop relationships with decision-makers and influencers of Mirapath’s top accounts
- Facilitate technical training for internal teams, including presenting training or delegating to SE team
- Keep executive team updated on product announcements and general news about Mirapath’s top suppliers
- Maintain strong relationships with Mirapath’s top suppliers and ensure supplier contacts are entered and updated in Salesforce
- Address support, warranty and RMA tickets and resolve root cause to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Manage KPIs for the Sales Engineering team and align with company strategy
- At least 5 years of experience in product marketing targeting IT buyers work and/or within technology environment, with at least 2 years of experience in technical management role preferred
- Strong track record of producing a range of marketing assets including email, presentations, blogs, landing pages, and demo videos
- Strong project management skills for executing multiple projects, resources, and timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or technical related field required
- Superior technical skills and aptitude; passion for continuous learning
- Excellent with Microsoft office applications. Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, preferably Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong data center products and solutions knowledge
- Solid experience with content management, ecommerce, social media and other web technology platforms a plus
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – specifically an ability to write clear concise proposals, reports and presentations
- Team player and advocate for the company internally, with customers, and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport, supervise and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to lead, organize and execute with little or no direction, deliver commitments on time and within budget, and to work in a team within a fast pace environment
- Self-motivated and analytical thinker; sees solutions rather than obstacles
- Experience leading meetings, reporting, technical sales support and budget planning
- Strong experience driving technical strategy/road mapping
- Ability to influence and motivate internal teams, customers, and vendors
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and positive attitude.
- Ability to travel 30%