Department: Professional Services
Type: Full Time
Location: Cupertino, CA
Services Manager: Full Time
Position Overview: The Project Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing projects within our Professional Services division. This position will serve as the frontline manager on projects, and he/she must be able to discuss technical and non-technical aspects of projects with managers, technicians, customers, external constituents, and others. Position will have overall responsibility for management, implementation and tracking of short- and long-term service projects. This is a critical point position – acts as liaison to all departments, quick to anticipate issues, solve problems and sets the pace, quality and success of the project.
Working Conditions – Typically works in office environment but will occasionally be on construction job sites with exposure to weather, dirt/dust, high- and low-voltage electrical lines, hazardous construction equipment and materials, and loud noise.
The ideal candidate for this role will be capable of full-cycle project management, behave ethically, communicate effectively, create/innovate, foster teamwork, make decisions, organize, plan and solve problems.
- Manage project execution across departments for all phases: project kick-off, scope and requirements gathering, cost, scheduling (labor and timelines), materials coordination and project risks.
- Partner with Sales to respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP – Proactively scope Service delivery required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends optimum solutions, ensuring appropriate support for the proposed service.
- Complete customer sight walks and prepare comprehensive quotes/proposals for Services engagements.
- Responsible for the daily management of assigned projects throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
- Coordinate resources to ensure scheduling, procurement of materials, invoicing and any other resources needed for successful implementation.
- Oversee team of technicians to ensure efficiency and completion of projects; track progress and quality of work being performed.
- Develop strong relationships with customers; effectively communicate relevant project information and timely updates to customers and serve as an intermediary between the company’s sales and technical teams.
- Collaborate with Sales, Technology and Fulfillment to ensure feasibility of each project and deliverables.
- Initiate change orders as needed.
- Keep internal team informed about project status and issues that may impact project status and client relations.
- Proactively and steadily address challenges such aspects as scheduling, material availability, special resources required, changes in scope, etc.
- Proactively assess processes and department efficiency and recommend and implement improvements to drive results and department success.
- Escalate issues to Director of Services, when necessary.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budget, and expenditures.
- Forecast and prepare reports on financial aspects of current and future projects.
- Decision making as it relates to the overall quality and execution of the project.
- Special related projects and tasks, as needed.
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience; Data center industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering) or equivalent
- Business, IT knowledge and experience working in professional services, technology, engineering and/or construction industry.
- Experience working with low voltage.
- Experience and ease using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and ERP (NetSuite preferred). Experience with CRM (Salesforce) is preferred.
- Excellent project management, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional and proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills — ability to build rapport with others and a team player.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task while paying attention to details.
- Work style thrives in a fast moving, high energy and evolving environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure (handle stress) and under time constraints.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations.
- Ability to handle multiple (sometimes conflicting) priorities and still meet deadlines.
- High customer service focus.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.; and be able to hear, speak and see within normal ranges (use of corrective devices is allowed).
- Ability to travel and possess valid driver’s license and good driving record