Department: Professional Services
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, TX
Services Manager: Full Time
*Candidates local to Austin, TX*
Position Overview: The Services Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing Service projects and supervising the Services Technician team from our Austin, Texas office location. This position will assist the Director of Services in meeting department goals and metrics.
- Manage project execution across departments for all phases: project kick-off, scope and requirements gathering, cost, scheduling (labor and timelines), materials coordination and project risks.
- Partner with Sales to respond to RFI/RFQ/RFP – Proactively scope Service delivery required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends optimum solutions, ensuring appropriate support for the proposed service.
- Complete customer sight walks and prepare comprehensive quotes/proposals for Services engagements.
- Responsible for the daily management of assigned projects throughout the entire life cycle of the project. Coordinate resources to ensure scheduling, procurement of materials, invoicing and any other resources needed for successful implementation.
- Hire, supervise, coach, mentor, train and motivate direct reports.
- Oversee team of technicians to ensure efficiency and completion of projects; track progress and quality of work being performed.
- Timely and accurate review and approval of timecards and time off requests.
- Develop strong relationships with customers; effectively communicate relevant project information and timely updates to customers and serve as an intermediary between the company’s sales and technical teams.
- Collaborate with Sales, Technology and Fulfillment to ensure feasibility of each project and deliverables.
- Initiate change orders as needed.
- Coordinate training Technicians to provide skill development and ensure skills support customer deliverables.
- Keep internal team informed about project status and issues that may impact project status and client relations.
- Proactively and steadily address challenges such aspects as scheduling, material availability, special resources required, changes in scope, etc.
- Proactively assess processes and department efficiency and recommend and implement improvements to drive results and department success.
- Escalate issues to Director of Services, when necessary.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budget, and expenditures.
- Forecast and prepare reports on financial aspects of current and future projects.
- Decision making as it relates to the overall quality and execution of the project.
- Special related projects and tasks, as needed.
- 5 years of Project Management experience; Data center industry experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of supervisor experience. Supervising a technical team is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business, Construction Management, Electrical Engineering) or equivalent
- Experience scheduling labor preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and ERP (NetSuite preferred). Experience with CRM (Salesforce) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone and email etiquette
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn quickly, multi-task, and be resourceful
- Detail-orientated and strong time management and organization skills
- Proactive, creative and forward thinker, and comfortable taking initiative
- Solid interpersonal skills — ability to build rapport with others and a team player.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel and possess valid driver’s license and good driving record.