Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Procedure: Email your resume with Subject: Operations Department, a short cover letter including what interests you about this position and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Small IT company in Silicon Valley looking for a Technical Buyer to drive on-time and on budget delivery to meet and/or exceed customer expectations. This individual is responsible for the timely procurement of materials and services from suppliers while adhering to the negotiated price, quality, inventory levels and delivery to meet the Company’s overall needs, aligned with Company’s sourcing strategies, policies and procedures. Candidate must have working knowledge of supply chain, high energy and desire to succeed.
- Review customer sales orders, Bill of Materials (BOM), and item lists to accurately compile list of materials to be procured
- Accurately raise purchase orders using ERP system and maintain up to date records in ERP system
- Optimize purchase materials and services, including cost comparisons
- Keep track of all incoming materials and parts, and make sure materials arrive on time
- Manage, maintain and analyze inventory levels to meet inventory strategy and objectives
- Assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with customer requirements
- Update purchase order ETA daily as purchase orders are released and materials received
- Manage vendors and maintain good working relationships.
- Evaluate vendors to ensure they have technical capabilities that align with our strategic initiatives and company budget.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the maximum value in terms of price, payment terms, quality and service
- Drive improvement for On Time Performance from internal and external vendors. Manage and support supplier performance improvement objectives primarily around delivery or quality expectation
- Develop, document and manage vendor reward programs to ensure timely submission
- Regularly communicate with managers to provide updates on any delivery dates changes
- Actively support timely disposition of deviated materials and vendor RMAs
- Manage all issues with supplier invoicing to insure timely payment to suppliers
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend options for increasing efficiencies.
- Drive process standardization and continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in purchasing and vendor negotiations. Experience purchasing IT products preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and at least 3 years of experience in building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Exceptional negotiation experiences, knowledge of standard procurement practices and contracts
- Understanding of product sales cycles
- Bachelor’s degree (in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Manufacturing, Management, or similar program) or equivalent
- Strong computer skills; intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Word; proficient with Google suite
- Proficient with ERP systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Proven ability to research and apply critical information to evaluate product and conduct cost analysis for competitive pricing and positioning
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, strong attention to detail, solid judgement, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous interruptions.