Ever since the pandemic hit, the shortage of labor forces has affected many operational functions in the supply chain. We don’t have the same amount of workers delivering shipments, working in factories, or clearing customs on the shipping dock that we used to have.
What does this mean for your critical infrastructure moving forward?
Companies have two options. The first one is applicable to those who are still in the planning process of deployment which is to rethink your plan. It may seem daunting, but the experts at Mirapath will help you face this challenge by taking the various supply chain issues into account. We stay vendor-neutral which guarantees that you get the best possible solution.
The second option is for those of you who already have established infrastructure in place. Organizations in this situation may want to consider switching to an alternate solution due to supply chain constraints on their current products. We know that this is a tough bandaid to rip off, but if you’re considering this route, Mirapath can help.
The first step is to take an audit of all the infrastructure in your data center then we can decide which suppliers might be best to replace in order to optimize your supply chain. Of course, we will take into account the difficulty of replacing certain equipment and weigh out your best options and decide if it’s worth your time and money to find an alternate source.
We’ve ranked the difficulty of replacing Mirapath’s six core products from easiest to hardest:
- Cabling: Whether you need fiber, copper, or power cords, we can easily find alternate vendors who can provide you with the same cables at a faster speed.
- Cabinets: If you send us a drawing of your cabinets, we can help source them for you.
- Containment: We can take a look and design a different solution for you.
- Power: UPS and power equipment are not as easy to replace especially if there is scripting done. Many customers don’t consider dual sourcing power strips but we wouldn’t put it in their scripting process.
- Out of Band: Console servers are not as easy to replace, but we can take a look at your current solutions. The key here is to make sure that it will be compatible with the rest of your infrastructure.
Dashboard/DCIM, our last core product, is a digital product and is unaffected by the supply chain delays so there would be no reason to replace it in this scenario.
For more information, check in with the Mirapath team for alternative solutions that can help you navigate this supply chain shortage.